I’ve never really believed in creating a bucket list. One, because I’m not the type to put off things that I really want to do. Whenever people say things like “I’ll wait until the kids grow up… or until I retire” or a similar long timeframe, I totally admire their patience but also shudder inside.
The other reason I haven’t created a bucket list is that I couldn’t imagine determining what I wanted to do over the course of my lifetime.
Then, I happened upon Lesley Carter’s bucket list. Read about the lifestyle changes she’s made and you’ll understand why she’s my new idol! What a great example. She accomplished all of this in ONE year! Not only that, but she’s pregnant now, yet she still has a list of adventurous items she wants to do this year (and has made tons of progress!). I’ll definitely be watching to see what happens. It’s encouragement to us all.
So here we go! 2012 is way gone, so I’ve created one for 2012-2013. I’ve already done two of them, but unfortunately, I didn’t take photos! My goal is to have at least one photo for the rest along the way.
My 2012-2013 Bucket list
1. Go skydiving
2. Take a surf or skateboarding lesson
3. Climb Michu Pichu
4. Visit a state in the U.S. that I haven’t visited before (That would be Oregon, Washington, Hawaii or Alaska)
5. Live in another country for a month
6. Move to Manhattan
7. Go to a fashion show during Fashion Week
8. See an amazing sunset
9. Join the board of a non-profit I believe in
10. Be a mentor to someone
11. Fall in love
12. Achieve my ideal weight
13. Be able to do 100 pushups
14. Master the Urdhva Dhanurasana yoga pose (Upward bow or wheel pose (aka backbend)
15. Try oysters